104 total views
• Born on January 2, 1873, in Alencon, France
• Popularly known as the Little Flower
• Therese of Lisieux was canonized in 1925. She became the 33rd Doctor to receive the title when declared by Pope John Paul II on October 19, 1997.
• St. Therese is the third woman to be named Doctor of the Church, following St. Catherine of Siena and St. Teresa of Avila.
• St. Therese died at the age of 24, becoming the youngest Doctor of the Church.
• “Story of a Soul” is the book that made Therese known throughout the world. Two thousand copies were originally printed in 1898.
• Besides her autobiography, St. Therese wrote two volumes of letters, some poems, prayers and eight plays.